Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Plain Vanilla Bakery - Staircase to cupcake heaven

This is my second time visiting Plain Vanilla because the first time I climbed the flight of staircase up to the bakery at 6+pm, every single cupcake was sold out! This made me even more determined to try the cupcakes and here I am on a scorching Saturday afternoon, taking the same flight again and crossed my fingers that I was not too late...


Was grinning from ear to ear when I see not one or two but many many cupcakes displayed nicely at the counter! Woots. So worth the climb!







Happiness comes in a box with 2 round and moist cupcakes to make the heat more bearable!

What I like about the red velvet cupcake is that the cake is moist and dense, yet not to the extent which you want to stop after a few bites. But I find the topping too sweet! Although I have a sweet tooth but this was wayyy too sweet for my liking.

As for the other cupcake, I like the subtle white chocolate taste in the vanilla-based cake, and there's fresh strawberry fruits inside the cupcake to add a burst of freshness to the cupcake.

For $3.50 a piece, I would definitely not mind coming back for more for the portion and the moist cupcakes. Can't wait to visit their Yong Siak branch though and hopefully there's tables and chairs to chill the afternoon away.


Since I'm sucha fan of cupcakes, I'm thinking of rounding up all the indie cupcake shops in SG into 1 post! Let me know if you are a fan too and which are some of the places you have tried and are good too! :)

Plain Vanilla Bakery
34A Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
(above El Patio Mexican restaurant)
Singapore 277691

1D Yong Siak Street,
Singapore 168641

Plain Vanilla Website
Plain Vanilla FB Page



No comments:

Post a Comment