Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

[Homecooked] Ribeye Steak with mushroom sauce


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I'm really thrilled that my virgin attempt in making steaks was quite a success!! Feast your eyes people!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ribeye steak (homecooked)

It's so awesome I've to post it again. And check out the pink meat inside! To be honest, everything was done based on my gut feel. Whether it'll be done medium rare or rare or well done was based on feeling, so was quite pleased that the end result was pretty satisfactory. A small tip to share to tenderize meat- Lemon juice!

The mushroom sauce (which was a tad too watery) definitely needs to be improved. I would guess that I added too much cream maybe. So I compensated with beef stock and some corn starch, but in the end I think it would be better with more mushrooms. So point to note to myself: Be more generous with mushrooms the next round. Mmm hmm.

Below's a snapshot of my impromptu recipe scribbled down on a cook list. Have a great week errbody! Go get a steak to chase the Monday blues away!
Ribeye steak day

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment