Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

[Homecooked] Chicken cutlet Salad


I was craving for salad last weekend and was scratching my brain to whip up something different with chicken. Just so happened that I was looking at a blogger's blog post on Katsu Don and I suddenly craved for crispy and light chicken cutlet covered with bread crumbs! Even though I have no recipe at all and basically just mashed up everything together, I think my chicken turned out pretty decent!

Chicken cutlet (serves 3-4 pax)

You'll need:
- 300g Chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoon worchester sauce (my secret ingredient)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Corn flour
- Bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon olive oil

1. Marinate chicken with the worchester sauce, salt and lemon juice. (Lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken or even beef)
2. Leave in frige for about 3-4 hours.
3. Heat up pan and pour in the olive oil. (MAKE SURE IT'S HOT HOT!)
4. Beat up the egg into a small bowl, mix the chicken with flour and dip into the egg and bread crumbs before sliding into a frying pan. I made sure the entire slab of chicken is covered with tons and heaps of bread crumbs!
5. Let it cool on kitchen towel (to soak up the oil) before serving.

chicken cutlet salad
chicken cutlet salad

chicken cutlet salad
I mixed in romaine lettuce, brown rice, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cranberries, carrots with balsamic vinaigrette to compliment the chicken cutlet and voila! A healthy (yet sinful) meal. :)

chicken cutlet salad

chicken cutlet salad

chicken cutlet salad

chicken cutlet salad

No comments:

Post a Comment