Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Blackbird Cafe @ Cathay


Due to the 3 days of non-stop Chinese food, I decided to have something non-Chinese on the 3rd day of CNY. Chanced upon this cafe, which was not crowded and serves brunch items! (Most cafes don't serve brunch items on weekdays even though it's PH) Shall let the pictures do the talking!

Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe

I quite like the ambience of the cafe as it's cosy and conducive for catchups and the service staff did not chase us away despite us ordering just 2 cup of coffee and pancakes. The decor was done up quite tastefully and fits well with the museum concept. *thumbs up*

Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Flat White, $5.50

Ever since I got hooked onto Papa Palheta's coffee, I've stopped adding sugar to my lattes and would just soak in the aroma of the pure espresso + milk combi. Most lattes' bitterness were acceptable to me and I relish in the slight bittersweet taste of the coffee. But I must comment that Blackbird's latte was one of the most bitter one I've tasted. It's not a bad thing, but I prefer a not-so-bitter coffee. A lil sugar does the trick though, so it's all good.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Buttermilk Pancakes$10.00

I was a little skeptical about ordering buttermilk pancakes because I had a horrible experience at Five & Dime. However, I haven't had pancakes for a while, so decided to go ahead to try. It wasn't dry, which was my consolation because I hate hate dry and flaky pancakes. However, the pancakes lack taste and were a bit flat. You can choose either bacon, caramelized bananas or strawberries with the pancakes but I opt for fresh strawberries as it's more healthy. For just $10, I believe it's quite affordable for brunch items in town area!
Rating: 3/5

Although the food we tried were so-so, I would still want to go back to give other brunch items as try! The steak sandwich that the couple next to ours ordered looked divine though, so I'll definitely make a mental note to order it the next time I'm there. A good location to chill before catching a blockbuster if you happen to be around Cathay area!

Blackbird Cafe
6 Handy Road
The Luxe
Blackbird Cafe FB

No comments:

Post a Comment